Congratulations on the start of your journey. This first week will be focused on analysis of current practices.
Coaching is designed to help you go from where you are, to where you want to be. This first step is vitally important to help you find some objectivity on where you are at now, and the changes that must be implemented. Fortunately, you are not on your own in figuring this out. The analysis assignments below will be helpful for you and your team in collectively recognizing a path forward, and then implementing eating changes together.
While some of your additional learning materials are being mailed, we encourage you to get started on the assignments below.
- Distribute LEADERSHIP SURVEYS to a substantive group of key church leaders (could be staff, board, volunteers, etc.) and seek to collect these back ASAP.
- Complete the PERSONAL ASSESSMENT form to evaluate your own starting point in prayer leadership.
- After evaluating the leadership surveys and your personal assessment, complete an initial S.W.O.T ANALYSIS listing your evaluation of the current STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, and THREAT related to the present prayer culture in the church.
- Strengths – List and briefly describe three current strengths in your current prayer leadership efforts.
- Weaknesses – List and briefly describe three current weaknesses in your current prayer ministry efforts.
- Opportunities – List and briefly describe three key opportunities for growth that you see in the next couple of years.
- Threats – List and describe three potential threats to the advancement of a prayer culture in the coming years.